Saturday, August 22, 2026
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
Roshan Kashmir
  • Home
  • State
    • Jammu
    • Kashmir
    • Ladakh
  • National
  • International
  • Education
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • State
    • Jammu
    • Kashmir
    • Ladakh
  • National
  • International
  • Education
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
Roshan Kashmir
No Result
View All Result
Home Jammu, Kashmir & Ladakh Jammu

From 52,000 to 10,000: JKAHUC seeks PM’s intervention

Urges Centre to restore private Hajj-quota

News Desk by News Desk
April 15, 2025
in Jammu, Kashmir, Lead
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
J&K Hajj Committee issues Orientation/ Training schedule for pilgrims of Hajj-2024 (Phase-I)
Share:

Srinagar, Apr 15: Amid mounting anxiety among Hajj pilgrims intending to go through private Hajj Group Operators (HGOs) this year, the Jammu & Kashmir Association of Hajj & Umrah Companies (JKAHUC) on Tuesday raised alarm over the reduction of India’s private Hajj quota from 52,000 to just 10,000, urging Prime Minister Narendra Modi to intervene and prevent the cancellation of thousands of pilgrims.

Addressing a press conference here in Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir Association of Hajj & Umrah Companies (JKAHUC) president Sheikh Feroze, as per the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), called upon the Government of India to immediately intervene and resolve the crisis surrounding the reduction of the Hajj quota for private tour operators.

READ ALSO

Vivek Bali Welcomes US Envoy’s Remarks That Jammu and Kashmir Is an Important Part of India

Departmental Store Gutted In Overnight Blaze At Bagh-e-Mehtab Srinagar

The Association during the presser revealed that over 52,000 pilgrims across India, including at least 3,000 from Jammu & Kashmir, are at risk of being dropped from the pilgrimage due to non-compliance-related forfeiture of the original quota by the Saudi government.

Feroze said that despite completing bookings and payments, they were informed that the original quota of over 52,000 had been forfeited and replaced with a drastically reduced quota of just 10,000.

The JKAHUC president said that the Saudi authorities cited ‘non-compliance’ in the process, stating that the matter should be thoroughly investigated but not at the cost of pilgrims, who have been preparing for Hajj for years.

“This is not a matter of 52,000 people, it is about 52,000 families whose dreams and decades of savings are on the line,” Feroze said, appealing directly to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, External Affairs Minister Dr S. Jaishankar, and the Ministry of Minority Affairs to take urgent diplomatic steps with Saudi authorities to restore the original quota.

JKAHUC questioned the reduced quota, questioning the fair distribution and raising ethical and logistical concerns. “If an operator has bookings for 100 pilgrims and is now told to take only 20, how do we choose who goes and who gets left behind. We can’t take that burden,” the Association said.

The Association, however, assured that all deposited money is safe and can be refunded if required but said the focus must remain on ensuring no pilgrim is denied the opportunity.

“This is a humanitarian and religious issue. Many of these pilgrims are elderly and may not be able to make the journey next year,” the JKAHUC president said.

Notably, the crisis comes as the Ministry of Minority Affairs confirmed through an official communication that the revised quota stands at only 10,000 for private tour operators.

JKAHUC also clarified that while it acknowledges the 10,000 quota allocation; it was unable to manage the fallout fairly and demanded the Centre work swiftly to restore the full allotment in collaboration with the Saudi authorities—(KNO)

Share:
News Desk

News Desk

Roshan Kashmir News Desk is the official editorial team of Roshan Kashmir, dedicated to publishing accurate, reliable, and timely news from Jammu & Kashmir, Ladakh, India, and across the globe. We are committed to ethical journalism, factual reporting, and serving our readers with trusted news coverage.

RELATED POSTS

Vivek Bali Welcomes US Envoy’s Remarks That Jammu and Kashmir Is an Important Part of India
Kashmir

Vivek Bali Welcomes US Envoy’s Remarks That Jammu and Kashmir Is an Important Part of India

August 22, 2026
Departmental Store Gutted In Overnight Blaze At Bagh-e-Mehtab Srinagar
Kashmir

Departmental Store Gutted In Overnight Blaze At Bagh-e-Mehtab Srinagar

August 22, 2026
NIA team at Jammu Air Force base after twin blasts
Kashmir

NIA raids two locations in Anantnag

August 22, 2026
Thrown open after two decades, SDH Qaimoh faces water accumulation, power outage, poor sanitation
Kashmir

Thrown open after two decades, SDH Qaimoh faces water accumulation, power outage, poor sanitation

August 21, 2026
Rahul Gandhi is doing what is expected of Opposition leader: CM Omar
Kashmir

Rahul Gandhi is doing what is expected of Opposition leader: CM Omar

August 21, 2026
Once a popular stop, Titanic Viewpoint now in state of neglect
Kashmir

Once a popular stop, Titanic Viewpoint now in state of neglect

August 20, 2026

RECENT POSTS

Vivek Bali Welcomes US Envoy’s Remarks That Jammu and Kashmir Is an Important Part of India

Vivek Bali Welcomes US Envoy’s Remarks That Jammu and Kashmir Is an Important Part of India

August 22, 2026
Departmental Store Gutted In Overnight Blaze At Bagh-e-Mehtab Srinagar

Departmental Store Gutted In Overnight Blaze At Bagh-e-Mehtab Srinagar

August 22, 2026
NIA team at Jammu Air Force base after twin blasts

NIA raids two locations in Anantnag

August 22, 2026
Thrown open after two decades, SDH Qaimoh faces water accumulation, power outage, poor sanitation

Thrown open after two decades, SDH Qaimoh faces water accumulation, power outage, poor sanitation

August 21, 2026
Rahul Gandhi is doing what is expected of Opposition leader: CM Omar

Rahul Gandhi is doing what is expected of Opposition leader: CM Omar

August 21, 2026
Once a popular stop, Titanic Viewpoint now in state of neglect

Once a popular stop, Titanic Viewpoint now in state of neglect

August 20, 2026

ABOUT ROSHAN KASHMIR

Roshan Kashmir is a trusted Urdu news platform committed to delivering accurate, timely, and responsible journalism to readers across Jammu & Kashmir and beyond. Through our print edition, digital news portal, and social media platforms, we strive to keep our audience informed about the issues that matter most—from local developments and governance to national affairs, education, business, sports, culture, and international news.

NEWS BY CATEGORY

  • Brief
  • Business
  • Editors Pick
  • Education
  • Health
  • International
  • Jammu
  • Jammu, Kashmir & Ladakh
  • Jobs
  • Kashmir
  • Ladakh
  • Lead
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Top Stories
  • Weather

MORE INFO

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

FOLLOW US

Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram

© 2026 Roshan Kashmir - All Rights Reserved. Designed by Maroof Lone.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • State
    • Jammu
    • Kashmir
    • Ladakh
  • National
  • International
  • Education
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion

© 2026 Roshan Kashmir - All Rights Reserved. Designed by Maroof Lone.