Saturday, August 22, 2026
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
Roshan Kashmir
  • Home
  • State
    • Jammu
    • Kashmir
    • Ladakh
  • National
  • International
  • Education
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • State
    • Jammu
    • Kashmir
    • Ladakh
  • National
  • International
  • Education
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
Roshan Kashmir
No Result
View All Result
Home Jammu, Kashmir & Ladakh

Ramban cloudburst tragedy: CM Omar reaches ‘Ground Zero,’ assures all possible support to victims

‘Not a national disaster but local disaster, priority is to restore highway, need to change alignment of road’

News Desk by News Desk
April 21, 2025
in Jammu, Kashmir & Ladakh, Jammu, Kashmir, Lead
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Ramban cloudburst tragedy: CM Omar reaches ‘Ground Zero,’ assures all possible support to victims

Oplus_131072

Share:

Says will wait for SC verdict on WAQF Act

Umaisar Gull Ganaie

READ ALSO

Vivek Bali Welcomes US Envoy’s Remarks That Jammu and Kashmir Is an Important Part of India

Departmental Store Gutted In Overnight Blaze At Bagh-e-Mehtab Srinagar

Ramban/Srinagar Apr 21: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday reached “Ground Zero” at Ramban to assess the damage caused by the flash floods triggered by the cloudburst.

Talking to the reporters after taking stock of the situation, the Chief Minister, according to the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) said, “All the possible support will be provided to the victims and efforts are on to restore the traffic on the Jammu-Srinagar-National Highway.”

“Several vehicles have come under the debris as the whole road has collapsed. The alignment of the road needs to be changed. The debris will be cleared and the vehicles under it will be removed,” he said, adding, “ We are trying to complete the restoration work immediately.”

Replying to a query, the Chief Minister said, “It is not a national disaster but a local disaster. We will provide the compensation to sufferers and will also talk to the Centre in this regard.”

Earlier in the day, the Chief Minister had told reporters in Srinagar that he had sent Deputy Chief Minister and two other local MLAs to the spot to assess the situation and efforts are on to restore the highway immediately.

Referring to the monetary relief being arranged for the sufferers, Omar had said, “Arrangements are being made for the relief while the PM relief fund and other funds will be tapped so that the people get compensation.”

Urging people to refrain from hoarding, Omar said, “I want to assure people that there is no shortage of essentials. The government and officials have been strictly directed to act tough against the black marketing and unnecessary price hike while police will also be involved to act against these persons and if needed, the arrests will also be made in this regard.”

He appealed to people to inform the government in case of black marketing.

He added that Srinagar-Jammu highway is presently closed, but if the need arises, Mughal Road will be used to bring the essentials.

Pertinently, three people including two minor siblings died on Sunday after the cloudburst hit Ramban area while the landslides also blocked the National Highway and also caused damage in the residential areas of the district, prompting the administration to launch rescue and relief operation. Several families were also shifted to the safer places.

*‘WILL WAIT FOR SC VERDICT ON WAQF ACT’*

Meanwhile, the Chief Minister, while replying to a query, as per KNO, said that the Supreme Court has been authorized to review the actions taken by the Centre or any other government. “Didn’t we approach SC on Article 370 issue; the Parliament’s action was reviewed. Was not the emergency declared during Indira Gandhi’s tenure challenged in the court. Approaching the court to challenge the decision should not be given political color. The court has its own jurisdiction and the legislation has its own.”

“In Assembly we have done whatever we could have done and later we approached the court where we have got some relief for now.

There are no negative results, at least the SC while discussing the case has compelled the Centre to move backwards. For now, the interference of non-Muslims has been stopped and the self declared Waqf is not being stopped. Let the Supreme Court do its job, we will wait for its verdict,” he added—(KNO)

Share:
News Desk

News Desk

Roshan Kashmir News Desk is the official editorial team of Roshan Kashmir, dedicated to publishing accurate, reliable, and timely news from Jammu & Kashmir, Ladakh, India, and across the globe. We are committed to ethical journalism, factual reporting, and serving our readers with trusted news coverage.

RELATED POSTS

Vivek Bali Welcomes US Envoy’s Remarks That Jammu and Kashmir Is an Important Part of India
Kashmir

Vivek Bali Welcomes US Envoy’s Remarks That Jammu and Kashmir Is an Important Part of India

August 22, 2026
Departmental Store Gutted In Overnight Blaze At Bagh-e-Mehtab Srinagar
Kashmir

Departmental Store Gutted In Overnight Blaze At Bagh-e-Mehtab Srinagar

August 22, 2026
NIA team at Jammu Air Force base after twin blasts
Kashmir

NIA raids two locations in Anantnag

August 22, 2026
Thrown open after two decades, SDH Qaimoh faces water accumulation, power outage, poor sanitation
Kashmir

Thrown open after two decades, SDH Qaimoh faces water accumulation, power outage, poor sanitation

August 21, 2026
Rahul Gandhi is doing what is expected of Opposition leader: CM Omar
Kashmir

Rahul Gandhi is doing what is expected of Opposition leader: CM Omar

August 21, 2026
Once a popular stop, Titanic Viewpoint now in state of neglect
Kashmir

Once a popular stop, Titanic Viewpoint now in state of neglect

August 20, 2026

RECENT POSTS

Vivek Bali Welcomes US Envoy’s Remarks That Jammu and Kashmir Is an Important Part of India

Vivek Bali Welcomes US Envoy’s Remarks That Jammu and Kashmir Is an Important Part of India

August 22, 2026
Departmental Store Gutted In Overnight Blaze At Bagh-e-Mehtab Srinagar

Departmental Store Gutted In Overnight Blaze At Bagh-e-Mehtab Srinagar

August 22, 2026
NIA team at Jammu Air Force base after twin blasts

NIA raids two locations in Anantnag

August 22, 2026
Thrown open after two decades, SDH Qaimoh faces water accumulation, power outage, poor sanitation

Thrown open after two decades, SDH Qaimoh faces water accumulation, power outage, poor sanitation

August 21, 2026
Rahul Gandhi is doing what is expected of Opposition leader: CM Omar

Rahul Gandhi is doing what is expected of Opposition leader: CM Omar

August 21, 2026
Once a popular stop, Titanic Viewpoint now in state of neglect

Once a popular stop, Titanic Viewpoint now in state of neglect

August 20, 2026

ABOUT ROSHAN KASHMIR

Roshan Kashmir is a trusted Urdu news platform committed to delivering accurate, timely, and responsible journalism to readers across Jammu & Kashmir and beyond. Through our print edition, digital news portal, and social media platforms, we strive to keep our audience informed about the issues that matter most—from local developments and governance to national affairs, education, business, sports, culture, and international news.

NEWS BY CATEGORY

  • Brief
  • Business
  • Editors Pick
  • Education
  • Health
  • International
  • Jammu
  • Jammu, Kashmir & Ladakh
  • Jobs
  • Kashmir
  • Ladakh
  • Lead
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Top Stories
  • Weather

MORE INFO

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

FOLLOW US

Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram

© 2026 Roshan Kashmir - All Rights Reserved. Designed by Maroof Lone.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • State
    • Jammu
    • Kashmir
    • Ladakh
  • National
  • International
  • Education
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Opinion

© 2026 Roshan Kashmir - All Rights Reserved. Designed by Maroof Lone.