Awantipora 27 May 2021: In multiple raids Awantipora Police along with Army 42 RR and CRPF180 BN /CRPF 130 BN apprehended 06 youth identified as:
1) Aqib Ahmad Dobi S/O Ghulam Mohammad Dobi R/O Tral.
2) Mufeez Ahmad Zargar S/O Mohammad Syed Zargar R/O Tral-e-Payeen.
3) Saifullah Ahmad Shah s/O Ali Mohammad Shah R/O Takiya Gulab Bagh Tral.
4) Liyaqat Ahmad Khanday @ Amir S/O Ab.Rashid Khanday R/O Amlar Tral.
5) Shoaib Ahmad Bhat S/O Mohammad Shafi Bhat R/O Chersoo Awantipora.
6) Bilal Ahmad Zaboo S/O Farooq Ahmad Zaboo R/O Tral-e-Bala.
Who were planning to join terrorist ranks. The arrested youth were motivated and indoctrinated by the terror associates and terrorists to join the terrorist ranks. The said youth developed contact with the active terrorists in the said area for joining terrorism by means of the terrorist associates (arrested by police).
Facts have been revealed by the arrested youth were motivated by Pakistan based self style terror commanders to join terrorism and asked to establish contact with their ground cadre in Awantipora and Tral area.
Moreover, Awantipora Police along with security forces busted terror module and arrested 07 terrorist associates of proscribed outfit Jaish-e-Mohammad namely:
1) Sajad Ahmad Sheikh S/O Ab.Salam Sheikh R/O Pinglish Tral.
2) Adil Hussain Sheikh S/O Gh.Hassan Sheikh R/O Tral-e-Bala.
3) Mohammad Iqbal Baba S/O Haji M.Aslam Baba R/O Tral-e-Bala.
4) Yasir Amin Dar S/O Mohammad Amin Dar R/O Noorabad Tral-e-Bala.
5) Showkat Ahmad Sheikh S/O M.Subhan Sheikh R/O Batagund Tral.
6) Ubaid Ahmad Mir S/O Mohammad Amin Mir R/O Batagund Tral.
7) Adil Rashid Bhat S/O Ab.Rashid Bhat R/O Kranzbal Tral.
for motivating youth to join the terrorist ranks. The arrested Terror Associates are involved in providing logistics, shelter, transporting of arms/ammunition and other kind of support to terrorists of Jaish-e-Mohammad in Tral and Awantipora areas. The arrested terror associates were in touch with PAK based self styleTerror Commanders through different social media platforms. Incriminating material recovered from them.
Consequent upon this Case FIR number 51/2021 stands registered in Police Station Tral under relevant sections of law.